Did you know that 96-98% of visitors to your site leave without doing anything. Most won't even contact you or take advantage of your free giveaways.
There are two types of "Popups"
An exit popup is a message that displays to users as they are attempting to navigate away from your site.
The most common use for an exit pop is to show a message explaining why users shouldn’t leave the site.
For example, when a user decides to leave, a pop-up will show a design, text, or video on top of the original page which contains an offer, explanation, or promotion.
Sometimes this offer contains the same messaging that exists throughout the site, and sometimes it contains a new, special offer as a last-resort attempt to turn that visit into a conversion. (source)
We are offering and talking about an exit popup today. This is a fantastic way to put an offer in front of the viewer right before they leave your site and if it's compelling enough, they'll take advantage of the offer and you get an email and contact info.
COMMON USES OF EXIT POPUPS: (SOURCE)
- Promotion – Some websites use the exit popup to offer new promotions and special deals. While the users may have thought of leaving before, the site gives the users a last minute offer that may change their minds.
- Warning – Many exit popups are used to warn the user about loss of information. It’s a common tactic to use these exit popups to let users know all their data will be removed if they leave the site.
- Quick Navigation – A great way to use an exit pop up is helping the user complete his task quicker – offering an option to jump to the end of the funnel.
- Questionnaire – Another way to use exit popups is to collect data from visitors. Decide on one question you may want to ask visitors and getting visitors to answer before they leave.
- Lead collection – Many websites use the exit popup to collect for their newsletter or other needs. It’s a great way to get people’s information before they leave, especially if they’ve had a good experience, and to use it later for promotions, inbound marketing and more.
Exit popups are an easy way to add to your website page without really having to change much.
Another great thing about them is that you can personalize the exit pop up in a variety of ways depending on the your site visitors stop on your website and the users behavior.
When thinking about conversion optimization and maximizing your traffic’s ROI, an exit popup is a great way to start.